Boycott Divestment Sanctions: Stopping Israel's Bloody Repression
Thursday, July 31 6:30 PM
Portland State University Room 333
After a successful1200 person Portland march, bike, and ride in solidarity with Palestine. Join the ISO and allies for a discussion that aims to give a political context to the Israeli attack on the Palestinian people and connect the anger and grief that has brought out so many to an ongoing Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement demanding a free Palestine.
This meeting will have two parts:
1) Presentation and Discussion to help us answer the following two questions
Why is Israel carrying out this viscous assault on the Palestinian People?
Why is the US government so intent on supporting Israel's outrageous crimes?
2) A presentation on the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions Movement followed by small group break outs to help connect attendees with local BDS efforts underway in Portland. Possible working groups:
- Student Group (PSU Divestment)
- Labor Group (Endorsing Labor for Palestine Cal)
- Community Group (Soda Stream Campaign and Ending Portland's Sister city with Israel)
- BDS 101 (if you have more questions)
Zionism: False Messiah
What's behind the rise of BDS?
Palestine and the Arab Counter Revolution